Johannes Bauer, Professor of Telecommunication, Information Studies, and Media at Michigan State University and director of Special Programs at the Quello Center for Telecommunication Management and Law, discusses economic incentives facing Internet users and providers in addressing cybersecurity risks. The discussion also turns to the differences between cybercrime and cyberwarfare and recent examples of cyberattacks.
- Emerging Threats to Internet Security: Incentives, Externalities and Policy Implications by Michel van Eeten and Johannes Bauer
- Botnets at Wikipedia
- Denial of Service Attack at Wikipedia
- Chinese Cyberattack on Google at Wikipedia
- 2007 Cyberattacks on Estonia at Wikipedia
- 2008 Cyberattacks on Georgia at Wikipedia
- In the Crossfire: Critical Infrastructure in the Age of Cyber War from the Center for Strategic and International Studies